Many articles explain how if a person is curious then they will not struggle with the fear of the unknown.
"Think of how a child learns. It’s all through curiosity. “I wonder what happens if I put my hand in the fire.” They’re not afraid because they don’t know any better. But as children grow, they learn not to be so curious and not to take risks, because that might result in pain, failure or rejection. Curiosity dies, fear wins, we lose." http://ndoherty.com/curiosity- vs-fear/"
The failure to take risk can cause many to abandon success if we look at this scenario of how not being curious can lead to fear. However, we can be curious about something and it can lead us to perform actions that lead us down a path that causes us to get stuck and then we will be afraid to get out of the cycle of madness.
"When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death." James 1:13-15
The curiosity is in the temptation and if we follow the downward spiral of this curious nature can lead to sin. Before we die we would live a life where habits can ruin us and the motivation behind the habits is fear of not letting the habit go. Therefore, the pattern starts with a curious nature and can cause fear to be the reinforcer to the pattern that will ultimately lead to death.
"Curious people do not always perform consequentialist cost-benefit analyses and may be tempted to seek the missing information even when the outcome is expectedly harmful.'Read more: http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article- 3529915/Why-curiosity-gets-better-brains-hardwired-seek-answers-know-cause- harm.html
Research even admits that it can be dangerous to be curious if a cost-benefit analyses is not done which again can ultimately lead to death. In order to overcome fear of being enslaved to a habit somewhere we have to develop enough strength to want to change. This only occurs from our desperation which is what we must develop first.
STEPS TO ALLOWING CURIOSITY TO LEAD US TO OUR MENTAL PROMISE LAND
1. Become curious of how we can develop a replacement for the habit that started with our curiosity. (Ephesians 4:3)
2. Allow faith to empower us to trust a God that has created us to be fruitful, multiply, replenish, subdue and have dominion (Hebrews 11:1)
3. Let curiosity lead us down the road that produce ideas. (1 John 2:15-17) (Romans 8:15)
4. Discover ways to spread these ideas in a positive way. (Philippians 4:13)
5. Act with purpose on restoring things that have been damaged (become a problem solver)
6. Bring under subjection all the thoughts that make us feel rejected by disciplining our wild side with acting on biblical scriptures. (Colossians 3:2)
7. Exercise our supreme authority over fear by developing a spiritual regimen (Proverbs 13:20) (Matthew 6:33-34)